CIVIL-324 / 3 crédits
Enseignant: Zhang Kenan
An introduction to urban public transport system planning, operations and management.
The course consists of three modules: fixed-route transit and railway, mobility-on-demand service, and multi-modal travel system. The modules will cover the main characteristics and key design problem of each type of service
fixed route transit planning; railway operations; mobility service system design
CIVIL-355 Introduction to transportation systems (Ba4)
By the end of the course, the student must be able to:
- Define and describe major forms of urban public transport
- Elaborate key concepts and fundamentals in the planning, operation and management of public transport systems
- Carry out design of stylised public transport systems
- Use a work methodology appropriate to the task.
- Take account of the social and human dimensions of the engineering profession.
- Demonstrate a capacity for creativity.
- Evaluate one's own performance in the team, receive and respond appropriately to feedback.
Ex-cathedra with assisted exercises, course group projects
Expected student activities
Attending lectures, doing assignments and project, preparing for exames
- Assignments: 20%
- Project: 30%
- Final exam: 50%
Dans les plans d'études
- Semestre: Printemps
- Forme de l'examen: Pendant le semestre (session d'été)
- Matière examinée: Urban public transport systems
- Cours: 2 Heure(s) hebdo x 14 semaines
- Exercices: 1 Heure(s) hebdo x 14 semaines
Semaine de référence