MGT-533 / 3 crédits
Enseignant: Markarian Lavetsky Garen
Remark: Courses given on UNIL Campus. In automne 2023-24 - only in MA3 for students cohort 2022-24
Students will learn tools and techniques to improve society and create value from an accounting and finance perspective. This course will develop the student's critical thinking, problem-solving and presentation skills to assess and understand the problematics linked to ESG investing and reporting.
By the end of the course, the student must be able to:
- Recognize Recognize the complexity of ESG and ESG Disclosures
- Examine Examine the trade-offs between creating profits and enhancing ESG
- Distinguish Distinguish "Greenwashing" and true ESG
- Explore Explore recent developments in sustainability accounting
- Analyze Analyze and benchmark ESG and sustainability metrics in the corporate annual reports of companies
- Develop Develop critical thinking, analytical and presentation skills
- Give feedback (critique) in an appropriate fashion.
- Identify the different roles that are involved in well-functioning teams and assume different roles, including leadership roles.
- Respect relevant legal guidelines and ethical codes for the profession.
- Demonstrate the capacity for critical thinking
- Demonstrate a capacity for creativity.
- Continue to work through difficulties or initial failure to find optimal solutions.
- Make an oral presentation.
- Access and evaluate appropriate sources of information.
Group presentations (50% of the grade) and an individual project (25% of the grade), class participation (25% of the grade).
Dans les plans d'études
- Semestre: Automne
- Forme de l'examen: Pendant le semestre (session d'hiver)
- Matière examinée: Sustainability accounting
- Cours: 2 Heure(s) hebdo x 14 semaines
- Exercices: 1 Heure(s) hebdo x 14 semaines
Semaine de référence