BIO-666 / 1 crédit
Enseignant: Blokesch Melanie
Remark: 3-day Block course, every year in January. To register, contact EDMS Administration
How to look at tiny things: visualizing protein localization in bacteria using epifluorescence microscopy.
- Basics on protein localization in bacteria.
- Preparing bacteria for microscopy.
- Staining methods to visualize bacteria.
- Epifluorescence microscopy.
- Comparison of protein localization depending on protein levels (varying artifical induction).
- Basic image analysis (MicrobeTracker).
- Independent analysis of an unknown bacterium for cell shape and potential localized fluorescently labeled proteins.
Please note that you are not allowed to inscribe in your own group!
Note that 3 practical courses are mandatory for all EDMS students and that they have the priority; each course has between 2 to 4 possible slots.
Therefore, please do not register by yourself to this course, this will be done by the EDMS program administrator!
Dans les plans d'études
- Nombre de places: 4
- Forme de l'examen: Exposé (session libre)
- Matière examinée: Practical - Blokesch Lab
- Cours: 6 Heure(s)
- TP: 18 Heure(s)