MGT-475 / 3 credits
Withdrawal: It is not allowed to withdraw from this subject after the registration deadline.
Remark: Courses given on IMD Campus.
The current world of business is changing fast, in particular through the rise of digital technologies & the need to find a more sustainable economic model. These changes generate constraints but also tremendous opportunities to rethink competitive landscapes & to come up with disruptive strategies
The course will provide analytical frameworks to develop disruptive strategies and put in place the company transformation that is required to do so.
The format of the course will be quite unsual in the sense that we will use the live case of a company to illustrate the different aspects of the problem and their interconnections.
Industry structure analysis
By the end of the course, the student must be able to:
- Assess / Evaluate changes in industries
- Design new business models
- Plan and carry out activities in a way which makes optimal use of available time and other resources.
- Set objectives and design an action plan to reach those objectives.
Evaluation carried out during the course. No final exam
- Individual write-up: 20%
- Group work: 30%
- Final assignment: 50%
In the programs
- Semester: Fall
- Number of places: 40
- Exam form: During the semester (winter session)
- Subject examined: Strategy & disruption
- Lecture: 2 Hour(s) per week x 14 weeks