MICRO-427 / 4 credits
This project based course addresses the topics of robotics and manufacturing. The theoretical basics of robotics are introduced. Systems, specifications and performances are discussed to understand well the technology and the related applications of robotics and its applications.
Basics of mathematics and physics.
By the end of the course, the student must be able to:
- Classify industrial robotics and manufacturing solutions
- Define industrial robotics and manufacturing solutions
- Manage the requirements of a robotic platform
- Quantify the requirements of a robot
- Specify the architecture of a robotic solution
- Construct the architecture of a robotic solution
- Manage priorities.
- Take feedback (critique) and respond in an appropriate manner.
- Use both general and domain specific IT resources and tools
- Communicate effectively with professionals from other disciplines.
Expected student activities
projects in groups
50 % : Written exam, December 22nd, 2022, Duration : 60 mins.
50 % : Group project (oral presentation , report and Q&A) - during the exam session, January, 2023.
In the programs
- Semester: Fall
- Exam form: Written (winter session)
- Subject examined: Robotics for society
- Lecture: 2 Hour(s) per week x 14 weeks
- Project: 2 Hour(s) per week x 14 weeks