PHYS-607 / 2 credits
Remark: November 28 to December 5, and December 9 2022
Every 2 years
Presentation of the different sources of optical nonlinearities in an optical fibre
- Presentation of the different sources of optical nonlinearities in an optical fibre.
- 3rd order optical nonlinearity: 4-wave mixing, optical Kerr effect, pulse compression and soliton propagation, parametric amplification, modulation instability.
- Inelastic scatterings: spontaneous Brillouin and Raman scatterings, stimulated scatterings, amplification and lasers, distributed fibre sensors.
- Advanced applications: supercontinuum generation, optical combs, optical clocks, slow and fast light.
Optical fibres, nonlinear optics, 4-wave mixing, stimulated scattering, fibre optics sensors, slow and fast light.
Solid knowledge in electromagnetics, in optics and waveguiding
In the programs
- Exam form: Oral presentation (session free)
- Subject examined: Nonlinear fibre optics
- Lecture: 28 Hour(s)