MGT-488 / 2 credits
Teacher: Cairns-Lee Heather Mary
Withdrawal: It is not allowed to withdraw from this subject after the registration deadline.
Remark: Courses given on IMD Campus.
Effective communication is a critical skill in both personal and professional settings. This course is designed to equip you with the fundamental principles and practical techniques to enhance your ability to communicate with impact.
Enhance verbal and nonverbal communication skills
Build rapport through communication
Understand the psychology of communication
Discover the power of inquiry
Use communication to advance social causes
By the end of the course, the student must be able to:
- Communicate effectively, being understood, including across different languages and cultures.
- Give feedback (critique) in an appropriate fashion.
- Negotiate effectively within the group.
- Resolve conflicts in ways that are productive for the task and the people concerned.
- Demonstrate the capacity for critical thinking
- Demonstrate a capacity for creativity.
Lecture, interactive exercises, presentations, case studies, visual methods
25% class participation
35% Group Project
40% Self Reflective Journal
In the programs
- Semester: Spring
- Number of places: 40
- Exam form: During the semester (summer session)
- Subject examined: Managing effective communications
- Lecture: 1 Hour(s) per week x 14 weeks